Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Employee history question for petition.
Posted: 06 January 2017 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello again gentlemen,
My question of the day is, how important is the employee history of the petitioner? And how far back should I go?
I’m only concerned because when I was a teenager I did not have the best track record for keeping part time jobs. And as an adult it wasn’t much better, see I was almost completely illiterate and only learned to read at an adult level at the age of 28. Now eight years later at 35 I am not only able to read as a functioning adult but I am a full time college student receiving my degree in criminal justice and I am about to leave for the Navy Reserve. I would hate for my experience as an uneducated boy be the reason I am seen as unfavorable. Any questions or comments are more than welcome and appreciated thank you for reading.

Signature 

Initiated- 03/07/2017

Posted: 06 January 2017 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2327
Joined  2011-01-20

As I said in your other thread, these things will most likely be considered “youthful indiscretions” so I wouldn’t be too concerned. Just be honest and show the lodge the man you have become.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 11 January 2017 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2014-06-15

I would think that you only need to include history as a legal adult (21 year of age and older). Also, employee history is usually to determine whether or not you are gainfully employed at a level to be able to support yourself as well as be able to afford the dues of the lodge. We don’t want to place undue financial stress on anyone by being a member of a lodge especially if you are supporting a family.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Deacon - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

‹‹ Moral turpitude question.      I NEED POWER ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.5768 seconds.