Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

F M in Palestine
Posted: 29 December 2016 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-12-24

Dear all,

My Name is Monir from West Bank, Palestine. I will write in a brief, since ever I wanted to become a Freemason, and because of the current political situation and the conflict which will never end between the Israelis and The Palestinians, I never approached or contacted any lodge and finally when I decided to do so from last July 2016, I was knew that there is no lodge in Palestine, and in most of MENA region,so I contacted the lodge in Jerusalem, Israel, and I have been in contact with someone from the lodge there and he tolled me that I cant become a free mason, because of the citizen ship law,as only the Israeli ID holders can be but not the Palestinian ID holders??? AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I got this rejection, I felt very disappointed, how Can I solve this problem? any advice? thank you all.

Posted: 29 December 2016 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  200
Joined  2014-06-15

Freemasonry is considered illegal and therefore banned in most Islamic countries. And since Islam is the primary religion practiced in Palestine then you will be hard pressed to become a mason as long as you live there.

Just about every Masonic jurisdiction has a residency/citizenship clause. Most say you have to have lived in the jurisdiction for a period of time, usually 6 - 12 months, before you can join a lodge there. With the tensions between Israel and Palestine, I can see where that requirement would be even more important if for nothing else to help make sure that someone doesn’t infiltrate the membership with intent to do harm.

My advice to you would be that if you truly do want to be a Freemason, then make strides to change the consensus of opinion in Palestine toward other religious belief and in Freemasonry. Otherwise, you will need to move to a country which is not predominantly Islamic.

Good luck

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Deacon - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 29 December 2016 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2288
Joined  2011-01-20

As stated above, you cannot become a Freemason unless the place you live in allows it. More importantly, though, why do you want to join Freemasonry?

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 30 December 2016 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2016-12-24

since I was a 10 years old, I have deep feelings which I cant explain these feelings, but as I grow up year by year until today all these feelings bringing me or pointing me to be a Freemason,from another hand and because I live in a country which is divided into so many political and religious parties both in Israel/Palestine. I believe to be a free mason where no one will judge you ther passed of what is your color,gender, or religion is. where every one is equal.

Posted: 30 December 2016 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20
Monir - 30 December 2016 02:11 AM

since I was a 10 years old, I have deep feelings which I cant explain these feelings, but as I grow up year by year until today all these feelings bringing me or pointing me to be a Freemason,from another hand and because I live in a country which is divided into so many political and religious parties both in Israel/Palestine. I believe to be a free mason where no one will judge you ther passed of what is your color,gender, or religion is. where every one is equal.

Those seem like good reasons. I’m not sure I understand all of it, but before you can join you are judged on your past. We require our potential candidates to have a good reputation.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 30 December 2016 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2016-12-24

Dear Brother John, thank you for your valuable answers,is it possible to keep in contact with you in private?

Posted: 30 December 2016 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20

Realize your questions may be valuable to others who may not have the courage or ability to ask them. We prefer to keep our discussions of Freemasonry in the open as a result. If you would like to share something privately with me because you don’t want others to see it, that’s fine, send me a PM.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4575 seconds.