Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 2
What does this depiction mean?
Posted: 06 September 2016 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2016-08-25

just as an example.. say the Nazi greeting..

The Nazi salute was performed by extending the right arm in the air with a straightened hand. Usually, the person offering the salute would say “Heil Hitler!” (Hail Hitler!), “Heil, mein Führer!” (Hail, my leader!), or “Sieg Heil!” (Hail victory!).
Use of this salute is currently a criminal offense in Germany, Russian Federation, Italy, Japan, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Austria. In Switzerland, France, Canada, the Netherlands and Sweden - as well. Even if you happen to do it just by ‘coincidence’.

Or you can try persuade Eminem that middle finger raised is just a middle finger and shall have no meaning.. but.. come on.. we are all big boys and should understand how symbol and its meaning are working and get connected in people’s minds.

Yes, there are some over-cultural and multi-meaning symbols, such as a square, cross, pentagram, and even swastika.. however… I am not another conspirologist here, ease your minds, I am just the one, who is looking for the truth, and believes in the authority of the truth, but not to the truths of authorities..

Posted: 06 September 2016 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  940
Joined  2011-03-20

To be honest you’re just making stuff up now and getting offensive into the bargain.

You have already been told by Freemasons the answer to your question based on Freemasonry, why is causing such a problem for you? If you didn’t want the genuine answer why did you bother asking genuine Freemasons?

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 06 September 2016 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2016-08-25
Mike Martin - 06 September 2016 03:49 PM

To be honest you’re just making stuff up now and getting offensive into the bargain.

You have already been told by Freemasons the answer to your question based on Freemasonry, why is causing such a problem for you? If you didn’t want the genuine answer why did you bother asking genuine Freemasons?

What made you think this is causing problem for me? Or how did you understand I did not want to accept the genuine answer? Why do you see me in the way you want me to be, instead of quit labeling me with what I am really not?

I like this proverb, fear is in the eyes of beholder. I am asking questions and accepting all genuine and even non answers, and quite satisfied with them.

Posted: 06 September 2016 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4028
Joined  2007-09-27

Please stop it. This is silly.  We have told you that there is absolutely no connection between the images and that any similarity is coincidence.  Are you accepting that answer or arguing it?  Please don’t be ambiguous or vague here.  I was also beginning to find what you are saying offensive, so Mike isn’t alone.  If multiple people are saying this to you, consider for a second whether or not it might be the case.

I’m happy to continue to answer questions for you with facts based on my knowledge, but if you are going to challenge the accuracy of my answers, I will no longer have a desire to answer them.  Please consider this when proceeding.

Thanks for understanding.  We are here answering questions because we enjoy the fraternity and want to share it.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Senior Deacon, Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 06 September 2016 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4028
Joined  2007-09-27
Gleb - 06 September 2016 03:55 PM
Mike Martin - 06 September 2016 03:49 PM

What made you think this is causing problem for me? Or how did you understand I did not want to accept the genuine answer? Why do you see me in the way you want me to be, instead of quit labeling me with what I am really not?

I like this proverb, fear is in the eyes of beholder. I am asking questions and accepting all genuine and even non answers, and quite satisfied with them.

I’m going to have to bring this up just once….since I’m sure you don’t see it happening.  We told you that there was no connection between the images, no matter the coincidental similarities.  I added an example to help illustrate how things that are similar in appearance could be totally unconnected.  If you were completely accepting of that answer of mine, you would not have come back with the case about Nazi salutes and middle fingers.  Clearly there is a difference between a Nazi sieg heil and simply holding your right hand in the air.

For (hopefully) the last time on this subject…..as someone who is a Freemason who is very active in the fraternity, there is simply no connection to that image of the goat headed dude and the other picture, other than the fact that they seem to both have a right hand raised.  Masonic ritual takes tools to build, and assigns them values (a level reminds us we are all equal, for example).  That and a few allegorical tales of the building of king Solomon’s temple is pretty much it.  We don’t ever raise our right hand up and point our left hand down, and we certainly don’t teach anything about goat headed characters out of mythology.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Senior Deacon, Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 06 September 2016 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2012-01-30

When I look at the image to me it could be from say the Orange Order as easily as Masonry.  Not saying it is.

Signature 

DeWayne
Kensington-Bethesda Lodge No. 198 - Senior Warden
RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

I’m living in the DC area now.

There is no Gospel According to St. Youtube.

Posted: 07 September 2016 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1241
Joined  2011-11-10

If you do a Google search on your name, it throws up a report from the NYPD of a Police Academy student of the same name being suspended for assault on his wife and child - both despicable acts - especially the latter. Are you and he the same person? Of course not. But some might argue that the two of you ARE one and the same. A lie - not a coincidence.

So why therefore, that when WE say something is a lie, you appear to be unable to accept it and insist it must be something more?

And for the record, I too was offended by your introduction of Nazi practices.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 07 September 2016 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2016-08-25
Dan-O - 06 September 2016 05:28 PM

Clearly there is a difference between a Nazi sieg heil and simply holding your right hand in the air.

you are misinterpreting here the essense of my secondary question (not primary, asking of the symbolism of the picture, to which no one has answered inspite of just saying ‘yes, there’s some symbolism in it’ and ‘it hangs in my bedroom’). It was just secondary question of mine where I just guessed is there a connection btw those two pictures, where not only right hand raised, but the left is down, and is by 90 degree, and fingers have specific foldure - so you can never mess it with anything else. I have a friend of mine who accidentially from Islam came to Satanism, now living somewhere in Budapest, and I saw him imitating same hands positions, and from there only started wondering if this holds any meaning.

You and other brothers have answered me that as per your most genuine knowledge, there is no such connection. And I told many thanks for such answer. The only reason for the Nazi example was to answer your simplification of the problem by saying it was just a right hand waived.

Primary and starting question was of the symbolism of this picture. If you know about it, and cannot answer, let’s just close this topic.

Fraternity is a good thing, but it should not be formed just by the fact and presence of a common enemy. When even I am not your enemy at all.

Posted: 07 September 2016 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

Actually it was answered in the first 2/3 posts after your OP and specifically in the first. It’s an historical curiosity and nothing else. (given that English is not your native language, note that ‘curiosity’ simply means ‘oddity’ and nothing more sinister)

Signature 

Richard
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 07 September 2016 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2016-08-25
Richard George - 07 September 2016 02:23 AM

Actually it was answered in the first 2/3 posts after your OP and specifically in the first. It’s an historical curiosity and nothing else. (given that English is not your native language, note that ‘curiosity’ simply means ‘oddity’ and nothing more sinister)

yes, you are right, Russian language has many synonyms to that.

what for my question, baphomet was not initial subject matter of it, if you read beginning of this topic accurately. The subject matter was symbolism of this picture in freemasonry. And it was answered partially and in general that it has symbolism, but as I understood from it, all these symbols may not be revealed so far.

Posted: 07 September 2016 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

That’s precisely what I was referring to; not the rubbish about the goat.

Signature 

Richard
UGLE.

2 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3983 seconds.