Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

How to act with a freemason?
Posted: 16 July 2016 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2015-08-13

It happens sometimes that i comme across freemasons and not to sure how to act because a little while back there was a car with the official logo of freemasons with a G and i waved and the freemason waved back but he looked unconfortable. I came across him again and i didn’t know what to do… say hi again because he seemed happy. But i am a very shy person and more than happy to come across freemasons in the city where there are 3 rivers crossing this city… For some you are seen like superstars and alot of people are really interested because you are considered a secret society.

Thanks,

Philippe Heinisch Ducharme

P.s. on second part thougt i totally understand because if you say hi to a fellow that you don’t know and just because they are in a religion or a society. You really pass for an ousider even if your intentions are good.

Signature 

More of my ideas and questions in my profile.

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 16 July 2016 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2328
Joined  2011-01-20

I’m a bit confused about this question myself. If a stranger waved to me I would probably wave back and wonder where I had met him causing me to look a bit uncomfortable, too. To my knowledge, nobody has ever looked at me as a superstar :)

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 17 July 2016 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2014-06-15

Just curious…

You have been posting many items/posts since at least this time last year. Have you actually petitioned and joined a lodge as of yet? If so then where?

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Deacon - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 17 July 2016 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Brother John - 16 July 2016 02:58 PM

I’m a bit confused about this question myself. If a stranger waved to me I would probably wave back and wonder where I had met him causing me to look a bit uncomfortable, too. To my knowledge, nobody has ever looked at me as a superstar :)

Thanks again to take the time to answer my questions!

Signature 

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 17 July 2016 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Bro DHoward - 17 July 2016 09:27 PM

Just curious…

You have been posting many items/posts since at least this time last year. Have you actually petitioned and joined a lodge as of yet? If so then where?

I have asked for the info on how to become a freemason. There are two lodges about 1 hour and a half away in 2 Major City’s. My firsts approch of freemason was by leaving letters at these 2 lodges. Later on honestly approched freemasons on one of your official website and hoped to get somebody that likes science to exchange with. (My family and friends not really interested in science). On one of these lodges website i left my name and email and a few days later i was asked to fill in a form with all my contact information and the reason why i want to become a freemason. I haven’t filled the form yet. But i am not sure if i would be a good candidate because of my past even if i would probably be the one who would value the most being a freemason in your futur candidates. The way i treat my friends now i am the one who wants the most to helpout in good days and bad days.

I like exchanging with the few masons who are on this website i am shy of nature so it takes time for me to exchange with new people in real life…

Thanks,

Philippe

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2016 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2014-06-15
philippeheinischducharme - 17 July 2016 09:58 PM

...On one of these lodges website i left my name and email and a few days later i was asked to fill in a form with all my contact information and the reason why i want to become a freemason. I haven’t filled the form yet. But i am not sure if i would be a good candidate because of my past…

Fill out that form. You will never find out whether or not you are a “good candidate” unless you do. They are not going to ask you to join.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Deacon - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 18 July 2016 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4036
Joined  2007-09-27

All, I have removed this user as I believe that there are other issues with the individual based on his online presence which I feel would distract us from our tasks here to inform the public.  If anyone disagrees with this, feel free to reach out to me on private message.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Senior Deacon, Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 03 March 2017 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2014-08-22
Dan-O - 18 July 2016 07:47 AM

All, I have removed this user as I believe that there are other issues with the individual based on his online presence which I feel would distract us from our tasks here to inform the public.  If anyone disagrees with this, feel free to reach out to me on private message.

Sounds good to me!

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3919 seconds.