Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Sacrificing all as mason company owners ?
Posted: 07 May 2016 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2015-08-13

Some of you might be company owners. Did some of you sacrifice everything for their business and dream but because they sacrificed it all to be wealthy and secure the futur of their family’s. Do some of you don’t have a social life outside of your lodge not that i think it is bad. I am asking because i think of sacrificing some things to build a company. But i am scared that after a while of sacrificing myself i might just make donations to differant places. Instead of sacrificing less and have a more fufilled life. Not that i am trying to say that the time past in a lodge with your brothers is bad and not fufilling enough. Just asking not saying all you have is boring time and called friends only when you do big donations to charity’s.

Signature 

Philippe Heinisch Ducharme

More of my ideas and questions in my profile.

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 07 May 2016 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2313
Joined  2011-01-20

We have a symbol that teaches us to divide our time correctly so that all part of a full life can be achieved.  If you consider the time spent building a business to be a sacrifice rather than a joy you look forward to then you are in the wrong business.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 09 May 2016 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3993
Joined  2007-09-27

It is all about finding balance.  I’m not really sure what this question has to do with Freemasonry though.  It’s more just a general question about work/life balance.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Senior Deacon, Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Aleppo Temple

Posted: 13 May 2016 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2015-08-08
Brother John - 07 May 2016 10:09 AM

We have a symbol that teaches us to divide our time correctly so that all part of a full life can be achieved.  If you consider the time spent building a business to be a sacrifice rather than a joy you look forward to then you are in the wrong business.

Yeap

I divide my day evenly, 1/3 of the day is working at the business, 1/3 is doing paperwork for the business, 1/3 is for extra time at the business and another 1/3 is for making sure the business is running smoothly.

Signature 

William Lessard
Ezekiel Bates Lodge
Attleboro MA
Former Secretary of Ezekiel Bates Lodge Attleboro MA

Posted: 06 June 2016 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2015-08-13
philippeheinischducharme - 07 May 2016 12:35 AM

Some of you might be company owners. Did some of you sacrifice everything for their business and dream but because they sacrificed it all to be wealthy and secure the futur of their family’s. Do some of you don’t have a social life outside of your lodge not that i think it is bad. I am asking because i think of sacrificing some things to build a company. But i am scared that after a while of sacrificing myself i might just make donations to differant places. Instead of sacrificing less and have a more fufilled life. Not that i am trying to say that the time past in a lodge with your brothers is bad and not fufilling enough. Just asking not saying all you have is boring time and called friends only when you do big donations to charity’s.

I am sorry for the last part because i like to help people in need it makes me happy. I was saying this because my grandfather gave a 50000 dollar donation to the otterbein college and older i think we would (our family) would of needed that money to help us threw life. P.s he was a VP of Liberty Mutual insurance company and his name is James Heinisch and died a few years back.

Signature 

Philippe Heinisch Ducharme

More of my ideas and questions in my profile.

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3855 seconds.