Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

A Letter To Future Freemasons
Posted: 04 February 2016 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2016-01-25

Dear Future Brothers,

Do not let anyone or any other organization bring you down from joining the fraternity! My father and sister were firmly against me joining due to misconceptions and misinformation on what they believed Freemasonry to be. Thankfully, they did respect my decision to join, and I am thrilled that I became a Master Mason three years ago! After I was raised, I joined the Scottish Rite the following year! I am sure all the brothers on this website can say that we are all here for your support into the fraternity! This is a message of hope, brotherly love, tolerance, and peace for all the good men who want to better themselves, the community, and the world around them!

Brothers, let us show our support to the newcomers by replying to this thread, and helping them out in any way we can! Feel free to email me for any questions or support!

Signature 

Bro Aaron Mark

Master Mason Green Grove Lodge #107 Conway, AR

32nd Degree Scottish Rite Mason (Scottish Rite Valley) Little Rock, AR

Posted: 04 February 2016 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2015-11-30

Bro Mark,
      I couldn’t agree with your post more.In these day’s,and time’s that we live Men of all age’s need encouragement to step forward into one of the most honored,and respected organisation’s in this country,and world over. Freemason’s do their work in private,and help so many in their Cities,or town’s.I would like to lend my support if help be needed.

Signature 

M.G. McDonald                                           Glenmora,Lodge#356
Entered Apprentice :4/14/15
Fellow Craft:8/15/15
Master M:12-15-15
Senior Deacon

Posted: 05 February 2016 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2015-11-25

Thanks for the encouragement.

I am working on it. I am in a waiting period to petition. There are a few topics already posted on my wait so I wont bother explaining here.

Signature 

Entered-06-20-16
Passed—02-20-17
Golden City Lodge #1
Golden, CO

Posted: 16 February 2016 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-01-14

Hello Brother, thank you very much for your encouragement on joining the fraternity. I have tried to join several times here in east Africa through the website(www dot dgleastafrica dot org) without success. i have not given up till i become a brother. Any help will be highly appreciated guys, again i say thank you brothers for the great job.

Note: Url edited by moderator.

Posted: 16 February 2016 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-01-20
cynja - 16 February 2016 04:25 AM

Hello Brother, thank you very much for your encouragement on joining the fraternity. I have tried to join several times here in east Africa through the website(www dot dgleastafrica dot org) without success. i have not given up till i become a brother. Any help will be highly appreciated guys, again i say thank you brothers for the great job.

Welcome to the forum. I went to the website site you posted and it seems legitimate.  The most they will be able to do for you is give you the contact information for a lodge near you. They seem to have a list of lodges on the site, so why not do the work yourself? Pick the one most convenient to you and go there and hour before they meet. Introduce yourself and see where it goes.

Why do you wish to join?

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 16 February 2016 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  567
Joined  2012-09-18

For each of us, our journey is a bit different and at the same time the same.
Some took longer to progress, others took up the quest later in life, and others still are just beginning their search.
We all seek to end at that same place/point, facing our maker with a spotless “apron” and being suitable for his use.

So, for those who are isolated in such places that deny such personal freedoms I offer this bit of hope to you.
Keep up the search on your own and do everything in your power to make yourself,your home, town, city, nation better.
In this way we all will benefit from a more compassionate society no matter where it may be.

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 16 February 2016 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1241
Joined  2011-11-10
Brother John - 16 February 2016 08:01 AM
cynja - 16 February 2016 04:25 AM

Welcome to the forum. I went to the website site you posted and it seems legitimate.  The most they will be able to do for you is give you the contact information for a lodge near you. They seem to have a list of lodges on the site, so why not do the work yourself? Pick the one most convenient to you and go there and hour before they meet. Introduce yourself and see where it goes.

Why do you wish to join?

John; it is legitimate .. you can read a bit more on the scam version here ..  http://www.masonforum.com/viewthread/11506/#34989

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 02 March 2017 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2014-08-22

Excellent post!

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.6019 seconds.