Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

HELP JOIN FREEMASON
Posted: 30 January 2016 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-01-14

Hello brothers, i wanted to ask some few questions about joining the fraternity. Have been talking to a member from the web <info@eastafricagrandlodge.org> which is in Nairobi Kenya and sent me the petition forms after which i filled and sign. was to send him 10$ for application of which i did. My query is do you recognize the above website. 2. tell me if am dealing with the right persons not fraudsters, 3. What minimum fund am i entitled after becoming full member. am in Mombasa Kenya have never been to the lodge please help me join the fraternity. can also write to through <cynja2000@gmail.com>,

Regards
Simon

Posted: 30 January 2016 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2341
Joined  2011-01-20

Hi,

You are under a serious misunderstanding about our Fraternity. We do not and never have given our members money for becoming “full members”. If this is what you are being promised by whoever is on the other end of that email address you are certainly being scammed. You will not become rich or famous by joining Freemasonry. In fact, if you were to approach a real lodge with that motivation you would be turned away. I tried to go to the web site that the email address wou;d have and got a “404 - Not Found” error. It doesn’t exist. You have just given a con artist $10. You will not get it back.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 30 January 2016 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1257
Joined  2011-11-10

The REAL District Grand Lodge of East Africa (under UGLE) is here;  http://www.dgleastafrica.org/

The domain you went to appears to be a fraud; take a look here;  http://domainbigdata.com/eastafricagrandlodge.org

This one LOOKS ok, but the registrant is the same guy (check it using whois if you don’t believe me) ... http://www.grandlodgeeastafrica.org/

Note the links at the bottom of the page don’t go anywhere and it’s using a monochrome version of the legitimate coat of arms of the real District.

And note the subtle difference in naming; I think it’s fair to say he has deliberately tried to make the address look real.

You then might want to do a google search on the guys name .. he looks to be quite prolific! According to FB he’s ‘self-employed’!  Yeah. Right.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 31 January 2016 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2011-03-20
cynja - 30 January 2016 11:58 AM

Hello brothers, i wanted to ask some few questions about joining the fraternity. Have been talking to a member from the web <info@eastafricagrandlodge.org> which is in Nairobi Kenya and sent me the petition forms after which i filled and sign. was to send him 10$ for application of which i did. My query is do you recognize the above website. 2. tell me if am dealing with the right persons not fraudsters, 3. What minimum fund am i entitled after becoming full member. am in Mombasa Kenya have never been to the lodge please help me join the fraternity. can also write to through <cynja2000@gmail.com>,

Regards
Simon

You have been “had”! We do not get money by becoming Freemasons.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.5476 seconds.