Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 2
Freemasonry and Greek philosophy?
Posted: 01 March 2016 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2015-09-26

into Amon Ra journey through underworld?

Posted: 01 March 2016 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

maybe the mathematic sign for infinity also derives from ouroborus… But I am interested for other meanings in masonry… When we look at ouroboros in modified form which symbolize infinity in math(similar to horizontal 8) maybe old masonic apron hook is also ouroboros

Posted: 01 March 2016 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10

Look, with the best will in the world, this is not really the forum for discussing this - there are plenty of other forums that are set up specifically for those type of questions.  This one is for men interested in joining to ask their questions.  By your own admission you are not interested -and can’t- join; so for that reason, I personally won’t be responding to any more questions - not because I’m not interested in your questions, but because these are the wrong forums to be asking them.

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 01 March 2016 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

You are not obligated anyway, but with your own will you did answer. To anyone else, please if you are not interested dont answer, I dont have problem with that(even if you answered before my registration on kids questions like “is lady gaga Illuminati?). Once again I dont have problem with that but it seems that you have problem with asking. Maybe than FORUM is not for you, rather than it is not for me. If you want exclusive discussion only with those who are candidates there are closed facebook groups, you choose PUBLIC forum and now you dont want public.

And even if I am not see myself as future member, I am interested in masonry and in its influence in history and in ourdays. Also I am interested in masonic philosophical ideas without blind will to adhere to every of them in advance.

Posted: 01 March 2016 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27
KmetSiman - 01 March 2016 01:32 PM

You are not obligated anyway, but with your own will you did answer. To anyone else, please if you are not interested dont answer, I dont have problem with that(even if you answered before my registration on kids questions like “is lady gaga Illuminati?). Once again I dont have problem with that but it seems that you have problem with asking. Maybe than FORUM is not for you, rather than it is not for me. If you want exclusive discussion only with those who are candidates there are closed facebook groups, you choose PUBLIC forum and now you dont want public.

And even if I am not see myself as future member, I am interested in masonry and in its influence in history and in ourdays. Also I am interested in masonic philosophical ideas without blind will to adhere to every of them in advance.

A)It becomes too difficult to moderate a forum with a small handful of individuals if you open it up to all Masonic discussion.  We occasionally indulge a line of questioning, but we just can’t have carte blanche here.
B)The mission statement of this forum has always been to help people interested in joining Freemasonry to learn more about joining.  I’ve been an administrator on this forum for the good part of a decade, and that’s always been the message.  We aren’t changing the rules here.

Your questions are going beyond the scope of this forum.  If the scope of the forum changes, then it might be appropriate to dig deeper, but right now we just don’t want to open that can of worms because modifying the forum would be too challenging.

Please see line one of the rules of the forum that refers to our purpose here:
http://www.masonforum.com/viewthread/64/

(and for the record, I do enjoy talking about some of the more esoteric stuff, but I will often say as a results “it just doesn’t matter”.  Non-Masons often have a hard time letting go when I say that, but keep in mind that I know all of the Masonic ritual in the us, so I’m a pretty good authority on what does and doesn’t matter to Masonic ritual in my jurisdiction.)

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 04 March 2016 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

/erased, doesn’t matter/

2 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2787 seconds.