Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

3 of 5
Was Nikola Tesla…
Posted: 03 January 2016 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2015-09-26

No it is not serif, and you will never know what it actually is. Even if you find what that referring you will not understand true meaning ever.

I wanted to go again, but than I rode this > go away.
Now I will not.

I really tried to find logic in your post, but I did not.

This what you need all your levels(especially to those with 32) and enlightining to offend the one you don’t agree with choosing expressions like unpolite teenager? To be VULGAR? :-)

Posted: 19 January 2016 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2015-10-08

This has indeed become a ridiculous forum and KmetSimen is certainly trolling, but have the administrators (and Worshipful Masters) really begun ganging up and calling him a ‘troll’ and a ‘pig’, even after wisely pointing out that we are taught not to engage such provocations? I may only be a Fellowcraft, but I’m going to go ahead and say that we should be careful not to let our distance through the computer screens become a crutch for intemperance.

I agree that these types of accusations are very frustrating, and I can only imagine having to deal with them on a large scale, but petty name-calling is never necessary when you have Reason and the composure to gently deliver it.

Signature 

Loren
Bellingham Bay Lodge #44, Washington State

Those who know

have no need

to corner Truth with words.

Posted: 19 January 2016 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4043
Joined  2007-09-27

I agree and I personally would not resort to name calling no matter how ridiculous the conversation gets.  I prefer to just excuse myself from the conversation, and if I find inappropriate behavior (I found none in this case on the part of the poster) I would suspend the poster from the forum.

It is appropriate to remind all participants (and admins as well) that this forum requires constant exercise of patience, and I would hope that it is always the admin staff that appears to be the most patient of all participants.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 19 January 2016 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  947
Joined  2011-03-20
KmetSiman - 03 January 2016 05:57 AM

There are lodges named “DEMOCRATIA”.
If you not promote that, what than you promote: autocracy?

OK I think I can see what is going on here!

You are making big (huge) assumptions based on no actual evidence. When you saw that the Regular Grand Lodge of Serbia has a Lodge called “Democratia” you did notice that it was only ONE of its Thirty Three Lodges. If that is the evidence for your statement you should surely be claiming that Freemasons promote the “Pole Star” or “Freedom” or “Mozart” or “Romans” or any of the things that the other Serbian Lodges are called?

When a group of Freemasons start a new Lodge the Founders of that Lodge choose a name for it and it can be whatever (within reason) they want to call it. It even looks like one of those Lodges may be even be named after a Serbian Footballer!

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 20 January 2016 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1247
Joined  2011-11-10

Just for the record; I’ve not called Kmet anything.  Yes, I’ve got frustrated at his apparent closed-mindedness, but at no stage have I called names and finally said ‘go away’ - but the latter was also with the stated ‘.. not interested in serious discussion or joining’ - and with the stated reason for this forum, that’s a reasonable statement to make.

And, also for the record I *DO* know what Kmet’s monica is referring to - a simple Google search showed me that (along with the translation of the page) and the meaning is clear .. I also made an (probably incorrect) assumption that he may have been named after the individual .. and (as I would) be proud of that - but in his case, as I observed, it would be a *name* not a *description*.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 20 January 2016 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2331
Joined  2011-01-20
KmetSiman - 03 January 2016 05:04 PM

No it is not serif, and you will never know what it actually is. Even if you find what that referring you will not understand true meaning ever.

I wanted to go again, but than I rode this > go away.
Now I will not.

I really tried to find logic in your post, but I did not.

This what you need all your levels(especially to those with 32) and enlightining to offend the one you don’t agree with choosing expressions like unpolite teenager? To be VULGAR? :-)

I just reread this entire thread and discovered it was you, Kmet, who first used the word “profane” to describe yourself.  The only other person who even mentioned that word was Lark who simply explained it’s masonic meaning.

Now you’re angry about it.

We looked up the story of Kmet Simon and found he was a man Americans could relate to, a serf who fought against injustice. That’s our history,  too.

Please stop accusing us of things we have not done. I have answered each of your questions,  including the one asking what a Troll is. If you don’t believe the answers, that’s fine. Nobody is forcing you to be here. My comment about teaching pigs to sing was meant to illustrate the futility of trying to change someone’s mind when they are unwilling to listen to reason. I wasn’t calling you a pig.

So, where do we go from here? Tesla, not a mason. Wilson, not a mason. Politics,  not in lodge. Did I miss anything? Oh, yeah, intelligence services, not our concern.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 15 February 2016 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

I am glad that you found story about serf(yes that is serf without I;-)
I am not offended but I would like to get more opened answers at least on one of my question ...
Can we talk about meaning of neutrality that is the triangle about isn’t it?

I can agree that best people can do is to be neutral(in zero sum game if the price of mercy is equal damage to themselves, in win-win paradigma they can be good for themselves and for others at the same time) .... But I am afraid that is not so in your sence of word “neutral”

Posted: 15 February 2016 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20

The triangle is not used in the Craft Lodge as a symbol.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 15 February 2016 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1247
Joined  2011-11-10

The triangle is used in the Royal Arch and refers to the Deity.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 15 February 2016 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20

The triangle, like all symbols, can have many meanings. Having three sides, it is often used to represent Trinitarian belief systems like Christianity. It is used in Scottish Rite in several ways.

While your curiosity is admirable, we have all promised to keep the secrets of our order. When you ask for the Masonic meaning of certain symbols, we are treading a fine line of what we can and cannot talk about in public. The real answer to all your questions is, “If you really want to know, join us.” Understand, though, that we are probably not going to give you all the answers if you join either. The answers to your questions are not presented on a white board in a Masonic classroom. Our members are encouraged to find their own path and what these symbols mean to them. Very few of us even know the names of all our symbols never mind their meaning. I, for example, couldn’t tell you about any of the symbols of York Rite as I’m not a member. Finding the symbols that have meaning to you is really the point. My favorite symbols will be different from others and will change as I learn and grow.

Asking about our symbols outside of the context they are presented in is like the old story about blind men describing an elephant. The one in the front describes a snake. The one near a leg describes a tree. None of them know the whole story as none of them have the context. Our symbols are small parts of the overall story of the degrees. It is impossible to fully understand them when taken out of context.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

Posted: 15 February 2016 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

Top of the triangle refers to your view of deity, I agree whit it. But what refers in your symbolism right and left angle on the bottom of triangle? Is n’t that top on half way in isosceles triangle? what refers right tower and left tower in triptych cathedral architecture? What opposite is right door and how your learning “incorporate” that side? Why not left door? Why middle? Why you equal white fields whit black?

If answer would break your code just tell me that you may not give me answer.

And here is short and interesting chapter of the book of Milorad Pavic, I already mentioned him(famous because “Khazar dictionary”), Serbian and masonic author>>>[link deleted] here he instand of masonry put therm “intelligence service” I know that this has nothing to do with my question about interference of this two, but I think this story can shad little light on smth you mad on me when I call it your “code of silence”...

Do you have any idea why the secret word was “cherry with a gold pit” (smthg sour with valuable award, but I supose it has deeper meaning)... I think we can talk about chapter in the book of author which didn’t hide masonic symbolism, I hope you will not hit me with stones now because of that :-)

Posted: 15 February 2016 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20

I have no idea where you are getting your information, but none of it makes sense. I deleted the link you posted as posting links requires prior approval by a moderator.

Please read my answer above your most recent post.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

Posted: 15 February 2016 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

I don’t know if the link is automatically deleted.. I don’t see any problem whit noncommercial link to the chapter of the book of the writer nominated for Nobel prize(by USA, not by Serbian experts!). He was free-masonic, not anti-masonic author. And without any doubt he was free-mason, even after his death you brothers in the name of lodge gave him obituary, publicly in newspaper. Hi didn’t include only that chapter in the printed book, that was at the time of internet beginnings. His wish was for that chapter to be virtually found.

And now you remove link… I have to notice that you didn’t delete sarcastic links “let me google that for you” which I got instead of answers.

But, I suppose that is your discretionary power(you are not obligated to explaining that:-). Beside that I have to admit that you are pretty democratic about my posts:-)

Anyway, instead of link, if anybody is interested in, just type “secret words” in google> “cherry whit gold pit”.

Posted: 15 February 2016 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

I read it now, that was finally some untemplated and pretty fair answer. But now you are again explicit with “none of it make sense”. Don’t be so sure please. I like story about elephant, but only true answer is one. That is elepephant. No matter what you them or I think about it. No matter about misunderstands which made those who blinded them. It can not be every animal or thing. It is elephant.

I(you can much easier check it) found most of information in Freemason authors and masonic literature and journals.

Posted: 15 February 2016 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

3 of 5

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3859 seconds.