Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 5
Was Nikola Tesla…
Posted: 02 January 2016 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2014-03-28

Now, see, this is what I was talking about. You’re working off your own agenda, not asking real questions. For instance, ‘profane’ is a term I’ve only read about in dusty Masonic history books, but you feel it’s part of what we are and are complaining about it. Did you ask anybody about the term and what it might or might not mean before lashing out with it?  (It was you who brought it up.)

Your impressions of the fraternity are based on misunderstandings, bad research and dated, long-discredited foolishness, but rather than really investigating, you’re challenging. That’s not what somebody really interested in learning or discussing does.

And the only person talking about prohibitions is you. Our only point is that, despite your protestations, you really don’t seem interested in a real discussion - a back-and-forth exchange of ideas and information. Rather, it feels to us (the people who know what we are talking about) that you (who clearly do not, based on what you have been saying) are more interested in forcing some sort of fanciful confession from us, based on on what are clearly biased concepts, bordering on delusional conspiracy theories.

You keep complaining that you don’t like the responses you are getting here, yet you keep coming back with the same laughable statements and claims. That makes no sense to us; it’s what a troll would do and I do hope that you are not such.

If you want to ask civil questions, you will receive civil answers. You have received a lot of them already. If on the other hand you insist on being confrontational about Freemasonry, why not try some of the well-known sites where you would find people more willing to agree with your claims and opinions?

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Zetland Lodge No. 83
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979

Posted: 02 January 2016 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2312
Joined  2011-01-20

If you want us to ban you from the site, that’s the easiest thing we could do. If we were as you accuse us to be we would have done that a long time ago. Rather, we treat each of your questions seriously and give you honest answers. You refuse to accept our answers and tell us we control intelligence agencies.

Dan and I are Masters of lodges. We preside over our brothers for a time. We are trained to do this and have spent years getting to this point. I and I believe several others on the forum, are also 32 degree Scottish Rite Masons. We are very experienced and knowledgeable about the Craft. What are your credentials?

Yet you insist that you know more than I do about our Fraternity.

The answers you get here are the honest truth, not “template” answers. They sound like template answers to you because you don’t believe it could be that simple. We couldn’t simply be a group of friends and brothers who come together as equals to make ourselves better as men. But, that’s really all there is to it.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 02 January 2016 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2015-09-26

Go ahead ban me, that would be certainly proof of the real purpose of F O R U M and “WESTERN” D E M O C R A C Y which you officially promote.

I did not implied you control services, you(purposely?) turn my words into very plastic meanings.
I ask what is your views on INFILTRATION services into lodges in HOT REGIONS and their   INSTRUMENTATION of that channel of influence for geopolitical aims.

If you not see that connection you either don’t want to see forest for the trees or just do not live in turbulent region.

Posted: 02 January 2016 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26
Lark - 02 January 2016 07:17 PM

why not try some of the well-known sites where you would find people more willing to agree with your claims and opinions?

Another good example of public relations from you.

You start to disappointing to me. I thought that your learning should be on the opposite side of DOGMA.
And that is about re-investigating your own thoughts. But you show to me that you do not have patient for anything else except for indoctrination and monochromatic picture you misunderstood with harmony. For harmony you need cohabitation of different thoughts.

And you will succeed it seems. You will again turn me away from this forum with my unwanted questions.

Posted: 02 January 2016 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2014-03-28

That’s it.

Even allowing for linguistic and societal differences, it’s an 8.2 on the Troll-Meter.

With a 4.5 from the East German judge…

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Zetland Lodge No. 83
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979

Posted: 02 January 2016 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

Do you believe me that I even not sure what “troll” is?
And this for East German I completely do not understand.
Doesn’t matter. As I said you will succeed again.

Posted: 02 January 2016 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26

and if you want, as you love to say, to “shad the light” on this case, I am not the one who should go to anti-masonic sites. You are that one. Go there, declare yourself as mason, and try to discuss with them while numerous of others just etiquette you. Than you will have clearer picture of this.

Posted: 03 January 2016 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20
KmetSiman - 02 January 2016 08:59 PM

and if you want, as you love to say, to “shad the light” on this case, I am not the one who should go to anti-masonic sites. You are that one. Go there, declare yourself as mason, and try to discuss with them while numerous of others just etiquette you. Than you will have clearer picture of this.

You see, we are taught not to engage in pointless arguments with closed minded people. There’s an old expression that goes, “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 03 January 2016 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20
KmetSiman - 02 January 2016 08:42 PM

Do you believe me that I even not sure what “troll” is?
And this for East German I completely do not understand.
Doesn’t matter. As I said you will succeed again.

Try this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Internet+troll

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

Posted: 03 January 2016 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1226
Joined  2011-11-10
KmetSiman - 02 January 2016 08:09 PM

Go ahead ban me, that would be certainly proof of the real purpose of F O R U M and “WESTERN” D E M O C R A C Y which you officially promote.

I did not implied you control services, you(purposely?) turn my words into very plastic meanings.
I ask what is your views on INFILTRATION services into lodges in HOT REGIONS and their   INSTRUMENTATION of that channel of influence for geopolitical aims.

If you not see that connection you either don’t want to see forest for the trees or just do not live in turbulent region.

AAGGHH!

WHAT infiltration?? - there isn’t any!  Freemasonry is open to all mono-thesist religions, and we don’t ask about - or are interested in an individual’s political leaning.  HOW therefore - or more to the point WHY would we be interested in ‘inflitration’??!!  OR ‘promoting’ a particular form of government??

And what do you mean by ‘hot regions’?  Instrumentation? huh?

Look, it may be a language issue, but we’re NOT giving you ‘template’ answers; we’re giving you the simple truth - regardless of what you may think.  Yes freemasonry flourishes in democracies - but ONLY because democracy promotes and supports free thinking.  It DOESN’T flourish - and in most cases is banned, in autocracies or dictatorships purely because the leader(s) of those types of government like to do the thinking FOR those living under the regime and DON’T like individuals thinking for themselves.  If you live in a democracy, you can critise the government without fear of retribution.  Do that in a autocracy or dictatorship and you risk your liberty or in some cases, your life.  BUT THAT’S NOTHING TO DO WITH FREEMASONRY!

So given therefore, you will only find lodges in areas that support democracy (it being banned elsewhere), who’s going to ‘infiltrate’ who?! and why?!  For what reason??!!

So. With that in mind, what’s your REAL question?

Oh, and for the record, I’ve NEVER used to word ‘profane’ in normal conversation nor in any masonic discourse; the only time I’ve even typed it was in correcting your understanding of what the word means in connection with freemasonry.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 03 January 2016 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26
Richard George - 03 January 2016 05:17 AM
KmetSiman - 02 January 2016 08:09 PM

AAGGHH!

WHAT infiltration?? - there isn’t any!  Freemasonry is open to all mono-thesist religions, and we don’t ask about - or are interested in an individual’s political leaning.  HOW therefore - or more to the point WHY would we be interested in ‘inflitration’??!!  OR ‘promoting’ a particular form of government??

And what do you mean by ‘hot regions’?  Instrumentation? huh?

Look, it may be a language issue, but we’re NOT giving you ‘template’ answers; we’re giving you the simple truth - regardless of what you may think.  Yes freemasonry flourishes in democracies - but ONLY because democracy promotes and supports free thinking.  It DOESN’T flourish - and in most cases is banned, in autocracies or dictatorships purely because the leader(s) of those types of government like to do the thinking FOR those living under the regime and DON’T like individuals thinking for themselves.  If you live in a democracy, you can critise the government without fear of retribution.  Do that in a autocracy or dictatorship and you risk your liberty or in some cases, your life.  BUT THAT’S NOTHING TO DO WITH FREEMASONRY!

So given therefore, you will only find lodges in areas that support democracy (it being banned elsewhere), who’s going to ‘infiltrate’ who?! and why?!  For what reason??!!

So. With that in mind, what’s your REAL question?

Oh, and for the record, I’ve NEVER used to word ‘profane’ in normal conversation nor in any masonic discourse; the only time I’ve even typed it was in correcting your understanding of what the word means in connection with freemasonry.

There are lodges named “DEMOCRATIA”.
If you not promote that, what than you promote: autocracy?
But even if I tell to you Richard that you are looking in display while you reading this, you will tell> Wrong! Speculative assumptions!

Posted: 03 January 2016 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-09-26
Brother John - 03 January 2016 01:48 AM
KmetSiman - 02 January 2016 08:59 PM

You see, we are taught not to engage in pointless arguments with closed minded people. There’s an old expression that goes, “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.”

We have very similar old expression and it was made by people incorporated in pig farming. Unfortunately, in the past they had not access to any education. Only way for them to raise themselves was to look themselves in relative to animal.

Posted: 03 January 2016 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2015-09-29

Brethren - we appear to have annoyed the pig.

Signature 

Neil Higgins

Craft - Blackpool Lodge of Fellowship No 7692
Holy Royal Arch - Fellowship Chapter No 7692

Initiated: 11th January 2013
Passed   : 11th October 2013
Raised   : 14th November 2014

Posted: 03 January 2016 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1226
Joined  2011-11-10

So you’re saying that because there’s a lodge called ‘Democratia’ we’re promoting something?  That’s just laughable.  It’s a NAME nothing more. 

A bit like YOUR name in fact; Kmet, I believe, means ‘Serf’ - does that describe WHAT you are? Of course not; it’s your NAME (I assume) not your DESCRIPTION.  Why therefore, would you believe that something given a name that in other circumstances might mean something different is suspicious?

No, sorry, not biting further - you’re obviously not interested in serious discussion, nor in joining. Go away.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 03 January 2016 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2011-03-20

I know that if it was me I wouldn’t keep on trip trapping over the same bridge over and again!

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

2 of 5

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4008 seconds.