Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Any brothers from Lebanon can help joining ?
Posted: 29 December 2015 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2015-11-30

first am sorry ive been talking a lot about this , but i feel some kind of an inner voice .
a destiny i should fulfill

can any brother from Lebanon help me joining or telling me what should i do ?

i live in Kuwait but am ready to come to Lebanon for a meeting

am ready to give any information needed about me
regards

Posted: 01 January 2016 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2341
Joined  2011-01-20

Why do you want to become a Freemason?

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 01 January 2016 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-30
Brother John - 01 January 2016 06:29 AM

Why do you want to become a Freemason?

well that’s a good question Sir

cause i ve spent 15 years of my life looking for who am really am ?
for me its about knowing who am i really inside
there is no one answer in one place of a religion or philosophy
but of course there is a right answer in each place
i believe that to achieve the ultimate connection with the higher being or to achieve the full salvation you need tow things :

1-the full knowledge of your self as Socrates said ” know your self ” so you can reach the spirit of God in you if may i say (this is the vertical way )

2-be good with your human brothers and help them ,make their live easier and guide them

(the horizontal way )

in my opinion mason was not only about stones and buildings , it was in building the real temple :the human him self
every one attacked the Freemasons but the masons them self never attacked any ideology for one little reason :they belief in the truth is in every human being

why Freemason is secret : well you can,t give a 5 years old a fire or electricity to play with instead of using it right he will burn his house with it
and second not every one is ready for the truth , before Centuries people were not ready to know the earth is moving , or its round at least

so i want to become a free mason to purify my spirit with knowledge and Gnostic and the wisdom of my mind NOT for power or money or prestige but only to come back where i came from

Posted: 01 January 2016 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20

That’s a great answer. I hope you find what you’re looking for. You must understand that Freemasonry is not a school, it is a fraternity. We do not take out a blackboard at our meetings and ask you to copy down the things that will reveal the truth for you. The only advantage gained by being a member of this fraternity is to be in the company of other good men. These men are probably not there for the same reasons you are. I know I have never heard the name Socrates in a lodge meeting. In order for you to learn the things you mentioned above, you would have to seek them out on your own or with other like-minded brothers.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 01 January 2016 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-30
Brother John - 01 January 2016 06:04 PM

That’s a great answer. I hope you find what you’re looking for. You must understand that Freemasonry is not a school, it is a fraternity. We do not take out a blackboard at our meetings and ask you to copy down the things that will reveal the truth for you. The only advantage gained by being a member of this fraternity is to be in the company of other good men. These men are probably not there for the same reasons you are. I know I have never heard the name Socrates in a lodge meeting. In order for you to learn the things you mentioned above, you would have to seek them out on your own or with other like-minded brothers.

maybe it not a school and its not about educating but i believe its about practicing in real life (here comes the importance of ritual i assume )

maybe Socrates him self not mentioned but what about the others Greek Philosophers ?
what about Pythagoras ? or Hermes him self ?
what about the symbolize it self
for me freemasonry is changing me a lot only by reading and seeking for it
so i believe being with other brothers will make more helpful i think

Posted: 01 January 2016 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-20

One of our symbols is an illustration of the Pythagorean Theorem also known as the forty seventh problem of Euclid. This refers to Geometry, an important science for a builder. I simply don’t want you or anybody reading this to get the wrong idea. We don’t usually sit around discussing philosophy, we are far more likely to be discussing sports or the latest viral video.

The lessons of the degrees are the same lessons that most of us learned in our houses of worship or in kindergarden or from our parents. Honesty, Charity, Loyalty, Fortitude and all the other virtues that we are taught as children. We just have a particularly effective delivery system. After the degrees your journey begins and you have the opportunity to begin your own research so you can draw your own conclusions.

Carl Claudy was a prolific Masonic author. Some of my favorite essays by him are called “The Old Tyler’s Talks”. You can find them at the link below. I highly recommend you read the one called “Bluff”.

http://www.themasonictrowel.com/masonic_talk/old_tyler_talks/ott_main_toc.htm

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°

Posted: 02 January 2016 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-30
Brother John - 01 January 2016 10:32 PM

One of our symbols is an illustration of the Pythagorean Theorem also known as the forty seventh problem of Euclid. This refers to Geometry, an important science for a builder. I simply don’t want you or anybody reading this to get the wrong idea. We don’t usually sit around discussing philosophy, we are far more likely to be discussing sports or the latest viral video.

The lessons of the degrees are the same lessons that most of us learned in our houses of worship or in kindergarden or from our parents. Honesty, Charity, Loyalty, Fortitude and all the other virtues that we are taught as children. We just have a particularly effective delivery system. After the degrees your journey begins and you have the opportunity to begin your own research so you can draw your own conclusions.

Carl Claudy was a prolific Masonic author. Some of my favorite essays by him are called “The Old Tyler’s Talks”. You can find them at the link below. I highly recommend you read the one called “Bluff”.

http://www.themasonictrowel.com/masonic_talk/old_tyler_talks/ott_main_toc.htm

thanks a lot Brother John

Posted: 06 April 2016 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2016-01-07

Dear brother yosef
Kindly inbox me your email address in order to forward it to our secretary if you are still intrested to join freemasonry in lebanon

Signature 

Yusef

El Mizab Lodge #1130,District Grand Lodge Of Lebanon
Under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge Of Scotland

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4812 seconds.