Help in being one in Kuwait
Posted: 29 December 2015 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2015-11-30

Greeting all :
My name is Yousef am 33 years old and i live in Kuwait
can any one here help me how to join or suggest to me the nearest recognized and regular lodge for me in the area (middle east ) ?
and what will happen if ive joint irregular lodge ?
please provide me with email address or contact if possible
regards

Posted: 29 December 2015 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20
Brother Yosef - 29 December 2015 01:30 AM

Greeting all :
can any one here help me how to join or suggest to me the nearest recognized and regular lodge for me in the area (middle east ) ?
regards

Unfortunately,  the short answer is you can’t join in Kuwait. Freemasonry is illegal in your country and the only groups calling themselves masons there are irregular and unrecognized by the rest of the Fraternity.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 29 December 2015 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-30
Brother John - 29 December 2015 07:31 AM
Brother Yosef - 29 December 2015 01:30 AM

Greeting all :
regards

Unfortunately,  the short answer is you can’t join in Kuwait. Freemasonry is illegal in your country and the only groups calling themselves masons there are irregular and unrecognized by the rest of the Fraternity.

thank you for response Sir , i know there are not any Lodges in Kuwait ,
but at least in the middle east Lebanon for example , is there any different between
the lodges under the Grand lodge of Scotland and the one under Grand New York lodge ?
and how can i contact, am not getting any response online ,should i go to the lodge location in person in their meeting times? is that allowed ?
regards

Posted: 29 December 2015 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10

Have you, as I suggested some considerable time ago now, contacted the Grand Lodge of Scotand, and if so how?

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 29 December 2015 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-30
Richard George - 29 December 2015 03:17 PM

Have you, as I suggested some considerable time ago now, contacted the Grand Lodge of Scotland, and if so how?

i did that and contact a lodge in Lebanon under the Grand lodge of Scotland , they told me to come to Lebanon and then we will see
ive traveled but no one show or replayed on my email or massages, so i came back confused why this happened
regards

Posted: 01 January 2016 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27

A couple of important points. 

1) We understand that you are looking to become a Freemason, and I hope you find the answers you seek, but you don’t need to start multiple threads discussing it.  One will suffice.

2)I know I had a thread earlier discussing Freemasonry in Lebanon, and I can tell from your posts that you have read that thread, but I believe the situation in Lebanon has changed since my post, and I can no longer vouch for that information.  I have no further contact with Lebanese Masons, but as soon as I do, I will update the forum.

Sorry, I know this is frustrating for you.  Unfortunately we are thousands of miles away and don’t know anyone here who can answer our questions.

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 01 January 2016 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-30
Dan Madore - 01 January 2016 08:30 PM

A couple of important points. 

2)I know I had a thread earlier discussing Freemasonry in Lebanon, and I can tell from your posts that you have read that thread, but I believe the situation in Lebanon has changed since my post, and I can no longer vouch for that information.  I have no further contact with Lebanese Masons, but as soon as I do, I will update the forum.

Sorry, I know this is frustrating for you.  Unfortunately we are thousands of miles away and don’t know anyone here who can answer our questions.

sorry i don’t get Sir this point ,what that changed in Lebanon ?

and i have no problem with deleting this post if its not useful

Posted: 03 January 2016 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2087
Joined  2008-01-21

My last job was in Kuwait. There is no Masonry in the country. I cannot speak about whether Freemasonry is illegal there or not.  In most countries with an Islamic majority, organizations of this nature are generally forbidden. ANYONE, whether native or expatriate, should be very discreet and very careful about the craft.  Do not wear any masonic jewelry or identification.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3654 seconds.