Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Why is there no Lodge in Trois-Rivières, Québec even if ...
Posted: 10 December 2015 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2015-08-13

Why is there no Lodge in Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada? I know many members on this site are from the states but the city i live in Trois-Rivieres, Québec the city is in the middle of all the Major City’s in the Province. All Members could meet there and it would be a few minutes away. I am saying this because i would like to see a lodge in my city… ( when i was younger i wished that the world lodge would be here and that Members from all around the world would come here to meet).

Signature 

Philippe Heinisch Ducharme

More of my ideas and questions in my profile.

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 10 December 2015 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  264
Joined  2014-06-15

I don’t know what the rules are in that particular jurisdiction, but here 7 Master Masons can petition the Grand Lodge in order to form a new Masonic Lodge in a location. There is an approval process involved, but if the area is not saturated with lodges, they have a valid reason for the formation, and the Master Masons involved have exceptional character then they stand a good chance at approval.

So maybe you need to look into the possibility of forming a new lodge in your area pending your GL’s rules and regs on that process.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Sr. Warden - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 10 December 2015 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2011-03-20

When you become a Freemason you will be able to discuss the idea of a new Lodge with other Freemasons in that area.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 11 December 2015 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10

Er, what do you mean by ‘the world lodge’? There’s no such thing.

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 11 December 2015 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Bro DHoward - 10 December 2015 12:35 PM

I don’t know what the rules are in that particular jurisdiction, but here 7 Master Masons can petition the Grand Lodge in order to form a new Masonic Lodge in a location. There is an approval process involved, but if the area is not saturated with lodges, they have a valid reason for the formation, and the Master Masons involved have exceptional character then they stand a good chance at approval.

So maybe you need to look into the possibility of forming a new lodge in your area pending your GL’s rules and regs on that process.

Thanks M.DHoward for your answer but i have no authority on what happens in the décisions that a lodge or Lodges take for now because i am not a Mason. Maybe in the futur…

Signature 

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 11 December 2015 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Mike Martin - 10 December 2015 07:31 PM

When you become a Freemason you will be able to discuss the idea of a new Lodge with other Freemasons in that area.

Thanks M.Martin, Maybe in the futur will i become a mason…but your answer was very helpful.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2015 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Richard George - 11 December 2015 01:52 AM

Er, what do you mean by ‘the world lodge’? There’s no such thing.

Thanks for your answer M.George, it was just an idea i had when i was younger a place where everybody from around the world could come and meet. Like a big non stop supper where you could see people from your fraternity, i know some of you meet in your travels as i was told in other conversations. I thought of this because i am a Member of another fraternity and they have a world convention every year and it is very nice for those who have the chance to go there… it was just an idea but for right now i am an outsider sharing you on a idea he had… Maybe will i be a mason in the futur but your fraternity is big and everybody has their own thoughts and it’s hard to come with such a descision all together…

Signature 

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2991 seconds.