Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Is my Grandfather a Mason?
Posted: 12 November 2015 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2015-08-13

A few years ago i was with my grandfather on the way back of the montreal airport and at the time my Sister was going out with a person that his parents was friends with one old prime minister of Canada i won’t say his name. But when we passed in front of the Montréal Lodge my grandfather and the boyfirend of my sister looked at each other and said the same short phrase that i won’t say because i don’t remember. My Grandfather was James Heinisch he is dead so i am ok with saying his name. He was the vice president of liberty mutual for many years and was a very good man. He never told me he was a mason.

Signature 

Philippe Heinisch Ducharme

More of my ideas and questions in my profile.

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 12 November 2015 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2011-03-20

You will need to contact the Grand Lodge of Freemasons where you live to find out if it can help you with this inquiry.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 13 November 2015 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Mike Martin - 12 November 2015 07:29 PM

You will need to contact the Grand Lodge of Freemasons where you live to find out if it can help you with this inquiry.

Thanks Mr. Martin but he is from the states and travelled alot for his work Canada and United States but the ones i was more aware about was California and Atlanta.The other places he lived i was to Young to know only stories from my Mom. I did ask my Mom about freemasonery he she was avoiding the question saying she didn’t even know what it was when we saw a Van with the letter G on the Back. So i didn’t ask her about my grandfather. But Thanks!

p.s. i had a new friend from new York that spoke to my mother a little while back and my new friend told my mother that i would be a good candidate for freemasonery and my mother showed him her hand and i never heard from this friend again…

Signature 

“The nature of scientific genius is to question what the rest of us take for granted” From the series Cosmos.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. -George Orwell

Posted: 14 November 2015 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20

How in the world would we be able to tell if your grandfather was a Mason with the information you gave us? We have no idea. If he was, he might have found the Masonic building was a reminder of the pleasant times he shared with his brothers.

I think you’re reading a lot into trivial things. We are told to not recruit men. They must come to us of their own free will. Saying that you would make a good mason is about as close as we’re ever going to get to inviting someone to join. Perhaps your mother realizes you have a lot of misconceptions about who and what we are and informed her friend that you are not ready. There’s nothing stopping you from contacting your local lodge on your own if you are interested and qualfy.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 14 November 2015 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-08-13
Brother John - 14 November 2015 08:05 AM

How in the world would we be able to tell if your grandfather was a Mason with the information you gave us? We have no idea. If he was, he might have found the Masonic building was a reminder of the pleasant times he shared with his brothers.

I think you’re reading a lot into trivial things. We are told to not recruit men. They must come to us of their own free will. Saying that you would make a good mason is about as close as we’re ever going to get to inviting someone to join. Perhaps your mother realizes you have a lot of misconceptions about who and what we are and informed her friend that you are not ready. There’s nothing stopping you from contacting your local lodge on your own if you are interested and qualfy.

Thanks for your time M.John. It s a new friend i lost when he spoke to my mother and not her friend. I am sorry to correct you. I met him in a fraternity. Thank you for your answer again M.John.

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2015 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  264
Joined  2014-06-15

The best avenue for you to find out anything would be to contact the Grand Lodge in the area where your grandfather lived. I would start with the state he last lived in and then if no information then move to the state before where he moved from. They will have records if he was a mason there.

Usually, when a mason moves he transfers his membership to a local lodge in the state where he moved to. But not always. Sometimes they maintain their original membership in the state where they moved from and just visit the local lodges in the new state.

This is why I said to check both.

But if you are interested in freemasonry then talk to your local lodge. I’m sure they would be glad to talk to you.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Sr. Warden - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2785 seconds.