Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

1 of 12
My Masonic Journey…
Posted: 26 July 2010 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-09-20

Hi Everyone,
I have been posting on this board for quite some time now.  I began posting when I became very interested in petioning Free Masonry.  I just wanted to give everyone an update on whats been going on lately.  Several months ago (about 6-7 months ago) I came into the lodge building in Boston and met with some members of Columbian Lodge for a tour.  They asked me some questions and in turn answered mine.  They were really helpful.  Then I was invited to a lodge dinner (the one at the Radisson Hotel prior to the summer break).  I was able to talk with some other members of the lodge and had a very good conversation with a couple of the guys at my table.  Then a few weeks later I went into the lodge again to meet with the Master and a couple other officers of Columbian for an interview.  They asked me some questions and answered any of mine.  They were very nice and helpful.  At the end of the interview the Master after discussing with the other officers decided to extend me an application for membership.  I was very excited.  About 2 weeks ago I mailed in my application and the lodge Secretary has confirmed receiving it.  Columbian lodge breaks for the summer as most lodges do.  They have informed me that my application will be read at September’s meeting and then it will be reviewed and investigated.  My application will then be voted on by the lodge at October’s meeting.  If all goes well I should be on my way going through my degrees shortly thereafter.  Thanks to everyone from this message board and at Columbian Lodge for all the help, encouragement and question answering through this exciting time for me.  I really do appreciate it all. 

Respectfully,
Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Columbian Lodge A.F.& A.M. Boston, MA
Junior Warden, Celestial Lodge A.F.& A.M. Westwood, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
St. Paul’s Royal Arch Chapter Boston, MA
Boston Council of Royal and Select Masters Boston, MA
Boston Commandery #2 Boston, MA

Posted: 28 July 2010 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-03-29

Eric, it will be a pleasure to have you in Columbian Lodge if the decision is so made.  I know you are being patient and that you have made it this far in the process shows you must be a quality candidate.

Posted: 28 July 2010 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

JGS,
Thank you very much for your kind words.  I am just overwhelemed with excitement and anxiousness to have my application read and voted on.  The group of guys at Columbian are very nice and it would be great to someday soon be apart of the lodge.  I will keep everyone posted on what happens in the next few months.  Thanks again.

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 16 August 2010 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

I am only a few short weeks out now until my application gets officially read at the next Columbian Lodge meeting in September.  This will be the first meeting back from summer break.  If you can’t tell I have been anxiously awaiting this all summer.  I want to again thank everyone from Columbian Lodge for being so helpful, kind and supportive.  I will continue to keep this thread updated as I go through the process.  Thanks again. 

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 17 August 2010 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4043
Joined  2007-09-27

Actually Eric, the secretary seems to have spilled coffee on your application and then someone accidentally used it to line the litter box, so we can’t read it at the next meeting!  ;)  Bummer.

illusionist - 16 August 2010 01:02 PM

I am only a few short weeks out now until my application gets officially read at the next Columbian Lodge meeting in September.  This will be the first meeting back from summer break.  If you can’t tell I have been anxiously awaiting this all summer.  I want to again thank everyone from Columbian Lodge for being so helpful, kind and supportive.  I will continue to keep this thread updated as I go through the process.  Thanks again. 

Eric G.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 17 August 2010 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Ha-ha!  Very funny Dan…you are just trying to pick on your fellow pal from Maine.  James put my application and payment in a iron vault protected by a laser hallway.  =0) 

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27
illusionist - 17 August 2010 08:56 AM

Ha-ha!  Very funny Dan…you are just trying to pick on your fellow pal from Maine.  James put my application and payment in a iron vault protected by a laser hallway.  =0) 

Eric G.

And do you believe James is the only one with access to that vault?  I used to be secretary before James, you know.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Ha-ha!  You may have access to the vault but the laser hallway was added only a few weeks ago I do believe.  Do you know the 6 digit code to disable the laser hallway?  If you do I am big trouble.  =0) Seriously though if this is any indication on how fun working with all you guys will be I am looking forward to the experience. 

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27
illusionist - 17 August 2010 09:24 AM

Ha-ha!  You may have access to the vault but the laser hallway was added only a few weeks ago I do believe.  Do you know the 6 digit code to disable the laser hallway?  If you do I am big trouble.  =0)

Of course I can get through the lasers.  I have to go install the new Playstation 3 this week and add some other nice new touches to the lodge office, so I’ll need to get by.

[quote author=“illusionist”]Seriously though if this is any indication on how fun working with all you guys will be I am looking forward to the experience. 

Tell me if you still feel that way in a year or so!  ;)

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Playstation 3, huh?  Not a bad choice of a gaming console if I do say so myself.

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27

You think I’m kidding?  Next meeting I’ll destroy you in Modern Warfare 2!

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Modern Warfare 2…I will need to start practicing.  That way if my application (which is stained in coffee apparently) gets accepted in October I will be able to attend the meetings and take you on in Modern Warfare 2! 

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 17 August 2010 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  783
Joined  2007-03-18

Brethren

Just a quick reminder that Forum Administrators are emailed about every post. One of our jobs is to check each post for spam and other inappropriate activities. So while badinage on Masonic questions is certainly welcome, it will make life easier for me and a few others if we could take playful banter about warfare games (as entertaining as it may be) and other non masonic discussion offline.

Thanks
Bob Heruska
Forum Administrator

Signature 

Bob Heruska
Past Master
Columbian Lodge
Boston, MA

Member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, and the Mystic Shrine.

Posted: 10 September 2010 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Hello Everyone,
Here is an update on my Masonic journey.  I attended another lodge dinner last night.  My application was read during the meeting prior to the dinner.  During this month my application will be investigated and then next month in October I will be notified if my application was accepted for membership.  When I got into the dinner room a few gentlemen sitting at a table invited me to sit with them.  I sat down and had great conversation with them.  A few more gentlemen joined us one of them being the WM of the lodge.  As the night continued we had great conversation and good food too.  Towards the middle of the night it was brought to my attention that the two gentlemen sitting at the table that invited me to sit with the were past WM’s and another gentlemen who joined us later was a past GM!  Needless to say me being an applicant I felt truly honored to be sitting with these gentlemen.  It was a little nerve racking at first but the nerves quickly went away because they were all great guys and we had a spirited conversation.  I found myself in very good company.  Towards the end of the evening I was invited to stand up and introduce myself to the lodge.  A little nerve racking (being the new guy) but still amazing at the same time.  I just wanted to say that I was made to feel right at home and everyone I spoke with at the lodge dinner really strengthens the reasons why I want to continue with this amazing journey.  I will update this post again after next months dinner.  Hopefully I will be reporting that my application was accepted and have some news on when to start my degree work.  Thanks to everyone from last nights dinner.

Eric Gagne

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Posted: 10 September 2010 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2007-10-29

Congrats Eric

Hopefully I will hear about my application in the Southbridge lodge this month as well.

Signature 

EA: 3/14/11
FC: 4/11/11
MM: 5/23/11

Posted: 10 September 2010 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Thank you!

Eric G.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

1 of 12

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4058 seconds.